Stop the Insanity

Friday, January 13, 2006

You know I have begun to realize that I think about getting old far too much lately. I don't know why cause my health is good and I believe that I look pretty good most of the time. But I constantly find myself thinking like an old person, WHY! It could be because my three children are grown and gone and have been since 2000 (even though they were in college up until this last May). It could be because I lost my favorite pet -- my cat named Kitty who had lived with me since he was 6 weeks old. He was a diabetic and required two insulin shots each and every day of his life for the last seven years of his life. But I didn't mind and I miss him everyday! It could be because my hair is turning grey and I have lines in my face now (but not too many!). It could be because I go to college and am constantly around women who are less than half my age...although I find them very interesting, energetic, and accepting. It could be because we have moved around so much these last ten years and I can't call anywhere HOME anymore.
SO why do I constantly feel and think like I am older than I am?? I am now running again (I used to run some 42 miles a week) and I am very excited about this cause running is the best upper in the world (it is addictive however). I try to have a cute hairstyle and even started highlighting it to conceal some of the dullness. I am about to graduate this May with a degree in English -- a feat which I must admit makes me very proud. All of my children love me and admire me and they truly are the best part of me. I have three other cats named Torti, Kiev, and Isabel who I adore (almost as much as Mr. Kitty). And I have lofty aspirations of becoming a famous book editor or publisher sort of like Jackie Kennedy. So Why am I sitting around feeling like some old person who has nothing to look forward to? I DON'T KNOW...BUT I AM GOING TO STOP IT!!!

s hamilton

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hi,
I don't know why you are feeling that way, but so am I. I am 36 and sometimes I feel like everyone is out to get me. I need a good drink. A girly one.

Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home