Stop the Insanity

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I think that I would enjoy a photo blog. A blog with nothing but photos and an occasional bit of poetry. I remember a poem that I had on an essay test back in Brit Lit and the poem was about how people talk and talk and oftentimes really say nothing at all that contains any degree of importance. I remember liking the poem a lot because the poem was written as if a bird (I think it was a bird or perhaps it was some other creature) were telling the tale about how he always wondered why people talked so much, and that he was glad that the lower creatures such as himself did not talk at all. I wish I could remember who wrote the poem because I would like to reread it. It was a very good poem. Today in Lit Crit I read something that Goethe was supposed to have said and it went something like this -- the best thing about man is that he has the ability to shudder with awe -- I thought that statement was very profound, afterall I am a true Romantic. I also believe that the door to my mind was opened up a little bit more in Lit Crit today -- one of my greatest fears is that I might be thought of a closed-minded. I would like to be always open to new theories and new possibilities. Living among the young as I do each day at school is a very good thing for this old relic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home