Stop the Insanity

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Well I am back to posting on my Blog for one more Literature class: British Novel 1900-1940. We just finished a James Joyce novel, which I had read back in a Humanities class about four years ago. I always enjoy reading Joyce; he is complex and frustrating to read at times, but so worth the effort. I love the ending to Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, "Amen. So be it. Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race. . . . Old father, old artificer, stand me now and ever in good stead." How can anyone not love these poignant and soulful lines?
We begin reading Ford Maddox Ford's The Good Soldier this coming week, and I have never read any of this author's works. Should be a new and enlightening experience. I think I'll look for other works written by Ford just to acquaint myself with his style. This should be yet another great class; I look forward to the different reading material. I always love the Moderns.

shamilton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home