Stop the Insanity

Sunday, September 09, 2007


Another novel read in British Literature (Mrs. Dalloway). I especially love Virginia Woolf; she has this great sort of face with so much depth and character. I enjoy feminist writers and feminist criticism, and this could be another good reason why I find Woolf to be a fascinating literary personality. I wrote a paper on Helene Cixous over the summer, which turned out to be much more in depth than it needed to be (this was for Rhetoric), but I learned so much more about the French feminist writers--they are always so fanatical and their perspective is illuminating--reminds me of French/European History 1815-1877 where Dr. Plax was always coming into class and talking about some incident or problem at school that sort of bothered him, and then he'd say 'Let's put up a barricade!" just like the French (in the French Revolution, of course). Funny guy, I loved that class.
I am taking 16th Century Literature along with Dr. H's class on British literature, and to be honest I don't enjoy all the flowery, lovelorn, woees-me poetry, such as those poems written by Skelton, Wyatt, etc. I enjoy the cultural/historical elements, but not the poetry. Dr. Lewis would be disappointed in me I am afraid--I won't tell her though.
Well I am not finding time to post any pictures this go around with my blog, and this makes me sad cause I like to look back and see what I was interested in a few semesters ago. Perhaps I'll find the time before this class ends on October 10. ANYWAY, I'll be back next Sunday with another report on another great British novel (1900-1940 that is). bye for now,
shamilton
P.S. Went ahead and posted a mural painting of Woolf. It's a start on a picture gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home