Stop the Insanity

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Well we are about to begin the seventh week of Modern British Novel and Graham Greene's Brighton Rock is next on the agenda. I enjoyed Waugh's novel last week; it was full of humor and yet very dark, I thought. I love that the book made extensive reference to Dickens, since my focus in Bibs and Methods was on David Copperfield. I guess if one had to read Dickens for the rest of his or her days, that this wouldn't be so very bad. Living in the world of Dickens is colorful and interesting and insance all at the same time. Sort of like living in the 1930s with Waugh! lol.
I'll be back next Sunday to talk a bit about Greene. See my webpage on Greene. It isn't my best, but good just the same. http://shamilton90.tripod.com/grahamgreeneprolificandsignificant/index.html
Til next week...
shamilton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home